Nan Kargahi is counsel with PilieroMazza PLLC and a member of the Business and Corporate Law Group. Ms. Kargahi also works with the Government Contracts Law Group.
Ms. Kargahi’s practice is concentrated on representing companies in a variety of corporate, business and transactional matters, primarily involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures as well as corporate formation and governance. Ms. Kargahi also provides advice on and drafts a broad range of contracts, and assists clients with government contract matters as well as small business issues.
- Representing sellers in connection with the sales of companies to strategic buyers
- Representing buyers in the structuring and acquisition of assets and operating divisions of companies
- Advising clients on entity formation and governance issues
- Drafting a broad range of agreements including operating, shareholder, non-compete, non-disclosure, consulting, joint ventures, subcontracts and leases
- Preparing and implementing various employee incentive compensation plans, including phantom equity and stock appreciation rights plans
- Negotiating loan agreements for clients
- Structuring and restructuring entities to ensure compliance with small business regulations
- Novation of contracts in connection with sales of businesses
Prior to joining PilieroMazza, Ms. Kargahi was an associate in the Business Transactions section at Wilmer, Cutler & Pickering where she handled a variety of corporate transactions and general contracts for clients, including non-profits, in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, technology, and aviation.
Ms. Kargahi served as judicial clerk to the Honorable S. Martin Teel, Jr. in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia.