Michael de Gennaro represents domestic and international companies in all stages of development, private equity firms and entrepreneurs. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, finance transactions, and general corporate matters across a broad range of industries, including transportation, education, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and financial services. He represents clients in all phases of their business life cycle from start-up to sale of the company.
Mr. de Gennaro also has significant experience in project finance, public-private partnerships (P3 transactions) and government contracts transactions, including bid preparation, due diligence and contract negotiation for transportation procurements.
Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions
- Represented the acquisitor of a SDVOSB in a merger and related acquisition financing.
- Represented the seller in a sale of its membership interests to a government contractor, including negotiation of an earn-out component.
- Represented a closely-held company in a sale of its pest control, food safety and quality assurance business to a publicly-traded company
- Represented a government contractor in a sale of its healthcare services business to a strategic purchaser, including the negotiation of employment and independent contractor agreement
- Represented a closely-held foreign manufacturing company in its bid to purchase assets from a domestic seller, including an extended auction process against a competing bidder
- Represented a foreign media company in its first U.S. acquisition
- Represented a healthcare services provider in the sale of its pharmacy business assets to a strategic purchaser
- Represented target banks in their respective mergers with and into various regional banks and bank holding companies
- Represented a services company in the sale of its fixed-route transportation services located in Florida
- Represented a natural gas fleet fuel provider in its acquisition of Canadian assets
- Represented a chemical company in its acquisition of stock, pipeline and related assets of a publicly-traded company, including the negotiation of an earn-out structure and transition services agreement
General Corporate and Business Experience
- Former General Counsel for the U.S. subsidiary of a well-known French public transportation company
- Represented a public transit company and its affiliate in their successful joint venture bid to operate and maintain one of the leading commuter rail services in the U.S.
- Represented a West Coast-based transit company with respect to several fixed-route and paratransit transportation services procurements
- Represented a government contractor in its restructuring and recapitalization, including the preparation of employee incentive compensation plans.
- Represented a for-profit post-secondary education provider as its in-house corporate counsel
- Represented an Italian publishing company in a U.S. joint venture transaction and related licensing matters
- Represented a clean energy company in its project development loan and related matters in the Midwestern U.S.
- Represented lenders and borrowers with respect to revolving credit facilities and term loan agreements
- "M&A Transactions with Government Contractors," Set-Aside Alert, Oct. 21, 2016
- “The ‘Public Trust’ Servitude: Creating a Policy-based Paradigm for Copyright Dispute Resolution and Enforcement,” 37, Texas Tech Law Review, 1131-1171 (Summer 2005)
- “Oil Pollution Liability and Control Under International Maritime Law: Market Incentives as an Alternative to Government Regulation,” 37, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, 265-298 (January 2004)