PilieroMazza is proud to support the National Veteran Institute for Procurement funded by the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce Foundation (MCCCF). The next session of the VIP START Training Program is being held on January 16 - 18, 2018.
Megan Connor will be leading a training class on "How To Form Teaming Agreements and Strategic Partnerships" and Kimi Murakami will be leading a class on "Legal Considerations Prior to Doing Business with a Prime Contractor or the Federal Government."
National Center for Veteran Institute for Procurement (VIP) is a veteran entrepreneurship program that specifically addresses federal procurement. VIP offers a platform with three training programs to assist our veterans. VIP GROW is the core curriculum which assists companies in developing strategies to expand and operate within the federal marketplace. VIP START program is for companies wanting to enter the federal market and become procurement ready. VIP INTERNATIONAL program is for companies that want to enter or expand their federal and commercial contracting opportunities overseas.
The core curriculums of GROW, START, and INTERNATIONAL are accelerator-like in-residence educational training program for owners, principals, and C-level executives of VOSB/SDVOSBs.
- The programs consist of a 27-hour, 3-day comprehensive certification program
- Program covers over 20 topics such as contracting, teaming agreements, human resources, accounting, finance, program controls, and business development
- Classroom training is offered four times per year
- Qualified participants from 50 SDVOSBs and VOSBs nationwide are enrolled on a first come first served basis for each class
- Instructors are professional service experts, government officials, and agency representatives.
- The training takes place at the Bolger Center, a 500-hotel room conference training facility leased from the U.S. Postal Service.
- The Bolger Center is located just 11 miles from the White House. The program is offered at no charge to participants.
- Participants only cover travel cost to and from the Washington, DC area. VIP is offered at no cost to participants
In April 2016, VIP START was launched to train service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses (SDVOSB) and veteran-owned small businesses (VOSB) who want to enter or need help to expand their business growth into the federal marketplace. VIP START has graduated 148 veteran-owned businesses from 29 states plus Washington, D.C.
For more information about VIP START and the other VIP programs, go to www.nationalvip.org