Across all industries and in all market positions, cyber and data security preparedness present a significant opportunity to gain a competitive advantage in the pursuit of federal prime contracts and subcontracts.
Join leading practitioners in government and the private sector as they discuss how cybersecurity, supply chain risk management, and data rights are shaping the competitive landscape for federal prime contracts and subcontracts. Panel presentations will help contractors stay ahead of the curve with discussions of:
- How cybersecurity is impacting award decisions and teaming for federal contracts
- Protecting your data rights
- Cybersecurity in mergers and acquisitions
- Developing a robust insider threat program
Planned Topics and Confirmed Speakers
- Large/Small Contractor Discussion: A large contractor will discuss what they are requiring of vendors and subcontractors who work with their company and they will also forecast what they see is coming down the road. A small contractor will share insights on what they have been doing and how they have gained a competitive edge through cyber/data security. We will focus on more than just compliance, but will discuss what contractors need to do to win work, get on teams, and win subcontracts.
- Jon Williams, Partner, PilieroMazza
- Jerry Howe, General Counsel, Leidos
- Mark Drever, President, Xcelerate Solutions
- Data Rights/M&A Panel: This panel will discuss how data rights/IP and cyber security issues can impact a company’s valuation and future merger and acquisition plans. This panel will discuss how cyber and data rights impacts due diligence and what panelists have encountered in their M&A experiences by providing real-world perspectives on the way data rights and cyber issues have impacted recent acquisitions.
- Cy Alba, Partner, PilieroMazza
- Dave Shafer, Associate, PilieroMazza
- Philip McMann, Partner, Aronson Capital Partners
- Invited: Banker
- Insider Threats and Risk Management: This discussion will focus on clearance/insider threat issues, the importance of having a robust internal plan, training your people to protect company information, and other risk management issues.
- Megan Connor, Partner, PilieroMazza
- Sarah Nash, Associate, PilieroMazza
- Invited: Cyber Insurance Representative
- Invited: Agency Speaker
||Wednesday, June 5, 2019
||7:30 AM - 11:30 AM ET
||Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center
7901 Tysons One Place
Tysons, VA 22102
||$75 - Includes breakfast and free parking|