The Business Owner’s Journey to Selling its Business Well, First Time!Every business owner dreams of growing their business and, one day, selling their company for a profit. Whether it be for retirement, having the rush of building a new company (for you serial entrepreneurs) or simply taking a new direction in life. The key to any deal is making sure you get the most value after tax for the company you have worked so hard to build.
We will walk through how to do just that! You will gain an understanding of what drives value and how to increase value. We will talk about the legal and commercial concerns that can sink a deal and how to mitigate those risks, plus learn how government contracting issues can impact the deal. Also discussed will be the wealth management and tax planning that proceeds many deals, because in many cases, this could be the largest windfall ever experienced for business owners. Join us for these and more.
- Isaias “Cy” Alba, Partner in the Government Contracts Group, PilieroMazza PLLC
- Steven F. Collins, Wealth Management Advisor, Lara, May & Associates, LLC member FINRA/SIPC
- David Farrell, President, Farrell Advisory Inc.
Preparing for a Sale and Key Considerations- Preparing a company for sale
- Strategic issues
- Data validation
- Management structure, finance, and more
Deal Structures and Negotiation Points- Understanding what are the most important deal issues
- Key Representations and Warranties
- Deal structures to mitigate risk
- What are deal killers and due diligence concerns
- What are the post-sale issues that can impact the deal
How to Manage Sale Proceeds Today and Beyond
- Fixed income alternatives to bank savings rates, pros and cons
- Charitable giving strategies
- Market landscape, near and long term issues to consider
- Aspects of portfolio construction
- Insurance: Where does it fit?
|Date:||Monday, October 8, 2018|
|Time:||3:00 - 5:00 PM|
|Location:||The Tower Club, Tysons Corner
8000 Towers Crescent Drive
Tysons, VA 22182