Kevin advises clients in all aspects of government contracts law. He also serves as Co-Chair of PilieroMazza’s Government Contract Claims & Appeals Team.
As a legal advocate for the government contracting community, Kevin helps contractors prepare, negotiate, and prosecute claims, requests for equitable adjustment, and termination for convenience settlements, as well as litigating appeals before the Court of Federal Claims and the boards of contract appeals. He also counsels firms on Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliance issues, including advising companies new to federal contracting on making a smooth transition.
Kevin guides clients through the Freedom of Information Act process from drafting and negotiating FOIA requests to litigating in federal court. He also litigates bid protests before the Government Accountability Office, the Court of Federal Claims, as well as at the agency level. In addition, Kevin co-authors the leading treatise on attorney-client privilege, which is regularly cited by federal appeals courts.
Kevin is a cum laude graduate of American University, Washington College of Law, where he was an Articles Editor for the American University Law Review.
Kevin maintains an active pro bono practice focused on assisting veterans in obtaining benefits.
Related Practice Areas
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude
- The George Washington University, B.A., Political Science, 2004
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- DC Bar Government Contracts Steering Committee (Co-chair)
- Member, Claims & Contract Disputes (Vice-Chair 2019-Present), ABA Public Contract Law Section
- Member, Commercial Products & Services (Co-Chair 2016-19), ABA Public Contract Law Section
District of Columbia Super Lawyers®, Government Contracts, 2023
JD Supra has recognized Kevin as a Top Author in their 2023 Reader’s Choice Awards.