With his combined experience at the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and in private practice, Ora offers PilieroMazza clients full-circle representation and adept knowledge in matters involving dispute resolution and complex commercial litigation. Furthermore, he has substantial prior engagements defending business clients in various areas, including corporate finance, healthcare, mass torts, antitrust, and securities.
A frequent first-chair on offensive and defensive depositions, Ora has prevailed in arguing numerous dispositive and discovery motions. He also regularly conducts internal investigations, defending clients before U.S. antitrust agencies and the SEC, composing outcome-influencing white papers and position papers, and presentations in merger and business conduct reviews.
Recent successes include:
- Led a $27 Billion merger investigation resulting in a favorable settlement for the United States while at the DOJ.
- Co-first-chaired $11M jury trial victory in federal court representing the trustee of a bankruptcy estate in a fraudulent transfer case.
- Brought a $100M antitrust claim (monopolization, horizontal and vertical restraints, sham joint ventures) on behalf of the Attorney General of West Virginia against the world’s largest asphalt manufacturer.
- Drafted compliance programs and led compliance training for Fortune 500 companies.
- Represented a Fortune 50 client in a product liability class action.
- Represented one of the largest energy companies against its largest competitor in breach of contract and business tort litigation involving substantial parcels of real property.
- Antitrust practice included representing companies in numerous merger and joint venture transactions.
- Prior to law practice was in corporate finance, including investment banking, handling all financial aspects of business deals; each engagement was for a Fortune 100 company.
Related Practice Areas
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2001
- Hamilton College, B.A., 1995, Economics
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia