Tim represents businesses in a variety of government contracting matters. He is experienced with bid protests at GAO and COFC and size and status protests before SBA. Tim also advises government contractors on regulatory compliance matters, focusing on issues specific to the small business programs and data rights for intellectual property. As a member of PilieroMazza’s False Claims Act and Audits & Investigations Team, his regulatory compliance work extends to helping companies identify and mitigate risks of noncompliance in the event of an audit or investigation.
Tim works closely with the firm’s Business & Transactions Group to help businesses navigate the complexities of mergers and acquisitions involving government contracts. He is adept at the preparation and submission of novations and change of name packages.
Tim counsels employers on a broad range of employment and labor issues, including contract disputes, wrongful termination, FLSA compliance, business torts, Title VII and ADA compliance, and non-competition and non-disclosure agreements.
Prior to joining PilieroMazza, Tim worked as a Law Clerk for a large government contractor at the U.S. Department of Justice on civil litigation involving the ADA. He also developed experience in all aspects of litigation while clerking for Judge John M. Mott at D.C. Superior Court on a civil docket and on some criminal matters.
Related Practice Areas
Government contracts experience:
- Litigates bid protests before the Government Accountability Office and the Court of Federal Claims
- Advises on compliance with the FAR and Small Business Regulations
- Assists in the formation of joint ventures, teaming agreements, subcontracts, reseller agreements, OCI plans, and non-disclosure agreements
- Drafts position statements for EEOC matters across the country
- Counsels clients on litigation holds
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude, Senior Articles Editor, Administrative Law Review
- Stonehill College, B.A., 2010
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Member, LGBT Bar Association of District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Government Contracts, 2019-Present