PilieroMazza PLLC, a business law firm serving government contractors and private sector commercial businesses, is seeking paralegal with at least 5 years’ experience to work with attorneys across multiple practice areas (Government Contracts, Litigation, Business and Transactions, and Labor and Employment). The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and success performing many of the essential duties and responsibilities listed herein. Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide case management services including, but not limited to, calendaring deadlines and following-up on progress of filings, and maintaining case files.
- Coordinating with attorneys in advance of any deadline, hearing, arbitration, or other appearance.
- Finalizing and filing legal documents (whether hard copy or electronically using PACER or other state court electronic filing methods).
- Preparing exhibits and attachments and organizing the same.
- Cite checking/Bluebooking, preparing tables of contents and authorities
- Prepare and maintain trial notebooks and documents to be used at hearings and proceedings.
- Assisting with the preparation of discovery (including compiling documents, redacting and bates stamping).
- Navigating e-discovery systems and managing the document review process. Experience with Relativity is preferred.
- Legal research using Westlaw and other resources.
- Drafting correspondence, discovery requests, objections, responses, declarations, affidavits, simple motions, protests, subpoenas, deposition indexes, and preparing trademark applications.
- Managing state business filings, interacting with state agencies, obtaining EINs, conducting and managing UCC searches and filings, researching state corporate law requirements, drafting resolutions and organizational documents, managing closings, drafting closing checklists, preparing closing binders and/or drives.
- Preparing Daily Reports of important developments in the government contracting space and other areas of firm practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or a two-year college or technical degree.
- Paralegal certification and at least five years of experience, preferably in a law firm. Other comparable combination of experience and education will be looked at favorably.
- Government contracts, corporate litigation, and/or employment law experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required for interactions with all levels of Firm personnel, clients, and vendors.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational and research skills are required.
- Strong client service orientation, excellent communication, and decision-making skills.
- Must possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of the law as it applies to the organization.
- Must demonstrate experience working with computer databases, Windows, word processing, document review databases, legal research, and library applications.
- Position requires the ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Advanced knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and other software programs designed for case/matter support.
- Overtime Requirement
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime as the Firm determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Weekend and Holiday Requirement
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the Firm determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Travel Requirement
- Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the Firm determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
PilieroMazza is looking for an experienced Human Resource Manager. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a law firm and will be responsible for all HR functions including recruiting, interviewing staff, onboarding, benefits, performance management, learning management system, leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- New hire orientation/onboarding.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel files, records, and documentation and perform periodic audits to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Responsible for all firm recruiting, including using outside recruiters as needed (draft/place ads, screen/interview candidates, offer letters).
- Serve as an advisor to Firm management on all HR related issues.
- Update and maintain handbook. Drafting, updating, and implementing firm policies and procedures as needed.
- Compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Administer all firm benefits, including open enrollment, changes, and cancellations (health, dental, life, STD, LTD, FSA, Dependent Care, transportation).
- Coordinate and oversee annual performance management process.
- Advise on and respond to employee relation issues and investigations.
- Monitor staffing levels/workflow and provide recommendations regarding same to ensure adequate support.
- Update and manage the learning management system. Coordinate and implement staff/attorney training.
- Analyze internal trends in compensation, culture, turnover, and benefits. Conduct surveys and benchmarking. Provide recommendations as needed.
- Oversee employee disciplinary issues and terminations.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events (firm-wide meetings, holiday parties, celebrations).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR (at a law firm a plus)
- Ethical, works with integrity, and maintains confidentiality
- Attention to detail and extremely organized
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Able to manage and prioritize competing deadlines
- Collaborative and able to work with individuals at all levels
- Self-motivated, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now (a plus)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other related field
- Professional certification preferred (SHRM, HRCI)