A former trial judge in the U.S. Air Force, Mark brings to PilieroMazza more than 15 years of legal practice and experience in complex civil and criminal litigation, as well as high-risk investigations. Mark’s practice focuses on dispute resolution, business litigation, and government investigations, including matters arising under the False Claims Act. Both government contractors and other clients from a wide array of industries receive advice and counsel tailored to their unique challenges and objectives. His diverse experience gives him the perspective to negotiate practical business solutions that avoid costly disputes or litigate aggressively to defend a client’s bottom line.
During his military service, Mark led litigation teams in 94 trials as both a prosecutor and as defense counsel. He also presided over 101 felony and misdemeanor trials as a judge in which he made final rulings on procedural and evidentiary questions requiring expertise in the U.S. Constitution, military and federal appellate court precedent, and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
Related Practice Areas
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2008, With Honors
- Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard University, M.P.P., 2005
- U.S. Air Force Academy, B.S., 2003, Distinguished Graduate, Physics
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Not admitted to practice law in D.C. Attorney is practicing under the supervision of an attorney or attorneys licensed to practice law in D.C.