8(a) Participants and the False Claims Act: Are You Ready for Increased Enforcement?
Date / Time:
June 13, 2023 / 1:15 pm PT
2023 Alaska Regional Conference
National 8(a) Association
Anchorage Marriott Downtown
820 West 7th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
Visit this link to register.
The False Claims Act is a primary tool in the government’s arsenal to fight fraud in federal procurement. Recently, the Department of Justice trained its focus particularly on small business and set-aside fraud, including alleged fraud in the 8(a) Program. With contractors facing complicated compliance obligations and recent DOJ enforcement initiatives, the FCA is a major concern for 8(a) companies and other businesses eligible for set-aside work.
Join panelists for a review of emerging FCA trends and enforcement initiatives impacting 8(a) Program participants. They’ll discuss:
- where 8(a) companies face potential exposure under the FCA;
- recent cases and ongoing enforcement initiatives and their potential impacts;
- trends affecting government contractors, including small businesses and joint ventures;
- tips for avoiding FCA violations; and
- strategies for handling FCA investigations and litigation.