Pam Mazza will be speaking about mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”) at the Native American Contractors Association (“NACA”) Conference next month.
M&As can be a tricky business, especially with the complex web of statutes and regulations under which government contractors must operate. Our three-hour seminar will focus on the following topics:
- The importance of due diligence
- Letters of intent – negotiating and creating a roadmap for the deal
- Structure of the deal – asset, stock or merger
- How regulations impact transaction structure – novation, name change and size certification
- How tribes can use 8(a) regulations for competitive and strategic acquisition advantage
- Purchase price – cash, promissory notes and earn-outs
- The pros, cons and pitfalls of earn-outs
- How to build and create value and position a company for a sale
By attending, you will also hear more about how negotiating an M&A deal does not have to be a zero-sum game where one party must win while the other loses. Our team will discuss how issues in a deal may be addressed to make it win-win for both sides.
Click here for more information about the conference, which will be held in Palm Springs, California Nov. 10-13, 2014.
About the Author: Pam Mazza is the managing partner of PilieroMazza. She may be reached at [email protected].