Jon Pomerance has joined PilieroMazza as an associate in the Firm’s Government Contracts, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, False Claims Act, Cybersecurity & Data Privacy, and Claims and Appeals practice groups. Previously, he served as Assistant General Counsel to the U.S. General Services Administration’s (GSA) Federal Acquisition Service (FAS). Mr. Pomerance now leverages his in-agency experience and government decision-making knowledge on behalf of PilieroMazza’s government contractor and commercial business clients. “We’re excited to have Jon on our team. His perspective on agency action and firsthand understanding of government procurements will further enhance the legal solutions we provide to government contractors,” said Tony Franco, Chair of the Government Contracts Group.
Mr. Pomerance has extensive experience in matters related to GSA's Information Technology Category, Telecom Services Office, and Office of Global Supply, including efforts to integrate information and communications technology into the federal acquisition supply chain, cybersecurity risk planning, cloud services and mobile broadband, data rights, and issues arising under the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA). Prior to GSA, Mr. Pomerance served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Maryland, where he worked extensively with statewide IT and telecom system procurements.
Notable illustrations of Mr. Pomerance’s experience include:
- advising government clients regarding the Federal Acquisition Regulation and procurement practices, bid protests and claims, FCA cases, investigations, audits, teaming arrangements, and cybersecurity threats;
- representing GSA before the Government Accountability Office on protests filed against procurements, and providing litigation support to Department of Justice attorneys representing the government in federal courts such as the U.S. Court of Federal Claims;
- providing legal advice to the FAS telecom program in matters including cloud services contracts, provision of mobile broadband, data rights, and legislation regarding acquisitions of foreign telecom and IT equipment and services;
- advising on cybersecurity and security standards, procurement integrity, conflicts of interest, and disclosure and reporting requirements;
- providing legal guidance and advice regarding drafting solicitations and requirements pertinent to requests for proposals; and
- representing government clients in bid protests, contract claims, and employment law matters, as well as any related appellate litigation.
Mr. Pomerance can be reached at email@example.com or 202.857.1000.