Construction Webinar Series: Construction Contractors: Considerations in Subcontracting Plans and OFCCP Compliance
Date / Time:
January 11, 2022 / 2:00 pm ET
PilieroMazza Construction Webinar Series
Visit this link to register.
A fundamental goal of federal contracting is to provide greater market access to socially and economically disadvantaged individuals through performance on government contracts. Construction contractors have an important role to play in meeting this goal—which does involve some compliance requirements. Specifically, many construction contractors must prepare and implement small business subcontracting plans and meet the requirements of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). Subcontracting plans set an offeror’s small business subcontracting goals and outline steps the business will take to meet those goals, while OFCCP requirements set out equal employment opportunity and affirmative action obligations in government contracting. Both serve to encourage economic growth for disadvantaged and minority groups. They also come with stiff penalties for noncompliance.
Join Anna Wright and Sara Nasseri, attorneys in PilieroMazza’s Government Contracts and Labor & Employment groups, for a webinar on best practices for construction contractors in subcontracting plan and OFCCP compliance. They’ll cover:
- contract thresholds that require a subcontracting plan;
- considerations for setting subcontracting goals and making a good faith effort to meet them;
- tips for implementing a subcontracting program and preparing for an SBA review;
- key benchmarks that trigger obligations under the laws enforced by OFCCP;
- strategies for implementing OFCCP’s affirmative action steps and compliance with federal equal opportunity employment laws; and
- best practices for internal audits and how to prepare in the event of an OFCCP compliance evaluation.