7:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Cybersecurity and protection of sensitive data from external and insider threats are critical for federal contractors across all industries and in all market positions. Each significant data breach or cyber incident and corresponding legislative and regulatory initiatives confirm that cyber, data, and personnel security will continue to dominate the federal contracting landscape.
In this environment, contractors need to move beyond viewing compliance as a cost center. Your compliance posture presents a significant opportunity to gain (or lose) a competitive advantage in the pursuit of federal prime contracts and subcontracts. Indeed, we are seeing cyber, data, and personnel security regularly impact contractors in entering into teaming arrangements, proposal writing, award decisions, protests, hiring and employee training, and mergers and acquisitions.
PilieroMazza’s Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Group are pleased to present this forum to bring together perspectives from leading practitioners to discuss how cybersecurity, supply chain risk management, data rights, and personnel security are shaping the competitive landscape for federal prime contracts and subcontracts. Panel presentations will provide insights and strategies to help contractors gain a competitive advantage through discussions of:
- How cybersecurity is impacting award decisions and teaming for federal contracts
- Protecting your data rights
- Cybersecurity in due diligence and mergers and acquisitions
- Developing a robust insider threat program and other risk mitigation strategies
Not just for IT companies, this half-day conference will help small and mid-sized government contractors understand what they need to do to gain (or not lose) a competitive advantage through cyber, data, and personnel security.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals in the government contracting sector — from all industries — who manage cybersecurity, data rights, and personnel security for their organizations.
- Business owners and C-suite executives looking to grow or sell their business.
- Technology and human resource professionals who manage internal IT systems.
Agenda & Panel Discussions
7:30 – 8:00 Registration, breakfast, and networking
8:00 – 8:05 Welcome from PilieroMazza
8:05 – 8:45 Keynote by Shon Lyublanovits, Senior Advisor for Cybersecurity, GSA Federal Acquisition Service, Information Technology Category (ITC)
8:45 – 9:45 Cybersecurity as a Competitive Advantage
- Jon Williams, Partner, PilieroMazza PLLC (moderator)
- Jerry Howe, General Counsel, Leidos
- Mark Drever, President & CEO, Xcelerate Solutions
- Nat Bongiovanni, Chief Technology Officer, NTT Data Federal Services, Inc.
9:45 – 10:00 Break
10:00 – 10:45 Protecting Data Rights and Cybersecurity in M&A Transactions
This panel will discuss what contractors need to do to protect their data rights and IP and how both cyber and data rights are increasingly affecting mergers and acquisitions for federal contractors. The panelists will discuss real-world examples of strategies contractors can use to protect data rights and prepare for how cybersecurity and data rights can impact due diligence and closing a transaction.
- Cy Alba, Partner, PilieroMazza PLLC (moderator)
- Dave Shafer, Associate, PilieroMazza PLLC
- Philip McMann, Partner, Aronson Capital Partners
- Mark Swaak, Vice President, Government Contracting, M&T Bank
10:45 – 11:30 Managing Insider Threats and Other Risk Mitigation Strategies
- Megan Connor, Partner, PilieroMazza PLLC (moderator)
- Sarah Nash, Associate, PilieroMazza PLLC
- Tim Brennan, CEO, SysArc Inc.
- Jay Shelton, Senior Vice President, Assurance Agency
11:30 Wrap Up
|Date:||Wednesday, June 5, 2019
|Time:||7:30 AM – 11:30 AM ET (Registration & networking is from 7:30 AM to 8:15 AM)
||Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center
7901 Tysons One Place
Tysons, VA 22102
|Cost:||$40 – Includes breakfast and free parking.
New discounted rate.