Sarah advises government contractors and commercial businesses on a wide variety of labor and employment issues, including the Fair Labor Standards Act, the National Labor Relations Act, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs regulations, and anti-discrimination law. Her practice also includes counseling employers on terminations, labor relations matters, employment agreements, wage and hour issues, and employment practices and policies. Sarah regularly advises clients on compliance specific to government contracting, including offering counsel on prevailing wage laws, such as the Service Contract Act, codes of ethics, and equal employment opportunity requirements.
Sarah has litigated cases before federal and state courts, including representing clients at arbitration, administrative proceedings, and mediation. She has participated in litigation in a number of practice areas, including labor and employment, administrative procedure, constitutional law, trademark law, and appellate practice.
Sarah is a member of PilieroMazza’s Construction Industry Team, where she focuses on matters arising under the Davis-Bacon Act and prevailing wage requirements. Also a member of the firm’s False Claims Act and Audits & Investigations Team, she helps clients navigate the complexities of labor and employment-related investigations and whistleblower law.
Related Practice Areas
- Labor & Employment
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Audits & Investigations
- False Claims Act
- Native American Law & Tribal Advocacy
- Intellectual Property & Technology Rights
- Employee Incentive and Bonus Plans
- Labor & Employment for Government Contractors
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Stanford University, B.A., 2006
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah, Central District
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Editor, The Green Bag
District of Columbia Super Lawyers® Rising Star, Labor & Employment, 2018-Present