On November 10, 2021, the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force updated its guidance regarding the deadline for covered contractors to meet vaccination requirements. The update extends the initial December 8, 2021 deadline to January 18, 2022. The updated guidance is available here and includes links to FAQs which were also updated to address circumstances where the CDC recommends delaying vaccination, explain that the January 18 deadline applies to work performed at both contractor and federal agency workplaces, and provide sample signage for contractors to post at covered workplaces.
As the federal government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, PilieroMazza’s Labor & Employment Group is monitoring the situation and is available to provide assistance as companies navigate compliance and related pitfalls. Visit the links below for additional coverage on this topic.
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing: Critical Implications of OSHA’s ETS for Federal Government Contractors
- WEBINAR REPLAY: Vaccination Mandate Update
- New Vaccine Mandate Guidance Issued for Federal Contractors: 5 Things You Need to Know
- What President Biden’s Vaccine Mandate Means for Government Contractors and Private Employers
- Return to Work: Employer-Mandated COVID Vaccination Policies and Accommodating Employee Disabilities and Religious Belief