The Legal Advisor is a newsletter distributed by the firm to our clients, friends and business contacts. The publication addresses current issues that are of concern to federal government contractors and commercial businesses nationwide. The articles focus on recent legal trends, court decisions, legislative and regulatory rule-making and other newsworthy events. The articles often emphasize practical tips that businesses should consider in complying with recent changes in the law, as well as preventative measures that can be taken to minimize legal problems.
Click here to sign up for our Legal Advisor Newsletter
The topics in the Legal Advisor focus primarily on corporate and business matters, federal contracting, employment law, intellectual property and electronic commerce. We encourage our readers to communicate their views to us on the Legal Advisor and to suggest issues they would like to see addressed. While we hope that the Legal Advisor will serve to better educate our clientele and other readers on matters that could affect their businesses, it is not the intent of the publication to provide legal advice to clients on particular matters.
The Legal Advisor is distributed on a complimentary basis. If you have any questions, please feel free to phone the Editor, Jon Williams, at (202)857-1000 or Contact Us.
- Introducing PilieroMazza's Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Practice
- Managing Cyber Risks in M&A Transactions
- Hackers Are No Match for Employee Missteps
- When Hackers Attack: Disclosure Obligations and Litigation Risks When You Suffer a Data Breach
- Data Breaches and Date Rights: How the Rights of You and Your Customers Are Impacted
- You’ve Decided to Sell Your Business—How to Be Prepared to Execute the Deal
- Growing Pains: Growth Capital Sources and Considerations
- Seller Beware: 5 Tips to Keep Bad Employment Practices from Holding Up a Sale
- Not So Fast: Practical Considerations Before Novating Your GSA Schedule Contract
- Current Trends in Federal Procurement
- How to Walk in the Valley of the Shadow of Death: Strategies for Mid-Tier Federal Contractors
- It’s Time to Tell Your Subcontract to Say “Aaah”: Before You Ink That Upcoming Subcontract, You Would Be Wise to Undergo a Check-up
- End of Fiscal Year Buying Season—Cash in with Your GSA Schedule
- The Mandatory Disclosure Rule: Mitigating Risk When the Requirement for Disclosure Is Not Clear
- Looking Inward: Internal Investigations of Potential False Claims Act Violations
- When the Law Comes A Callin’: A “How To” For Responding to Subpoenas and Document Requests
- Five Tips to Address Employee Complaints and Avoid Liability
- Cybersecurity Update
- PilieroMazza’s Bold Predictions for 2018
- Cybersecurity Concerns in M&A Due Diligence
- Reading the Tea Leaves — NDAA 2018
- How Many People Do We Employ? Critical Employment Law Considerations for Small Businesses
- Will 2018 Be A Good Time to Sell Your Company?