Nichole Atallah participated in a virtual town hall hosted by USAV to share information on all things COVID-19.
Topics addressed include:
- Chief benefits of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act for small businesses
- Effect of shelter-in-place orders on Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) paid time off and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave
- How essential business designations affect employee access to the emergency paid time off and Emergency FMLA (EFMLA) benefits
For additional information about their town hall meetings, visit the USAV website here.
Jon Williams was recently featured in the Public Spend Forum webinar, "Force Majeure? Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Government Contractor Impacted by COVID-19."
With companies scrambling to interpret force majeure clauses within their commercial contracts in light of COVID-19, the session sought to answer the question: “What are the rights and responsibilities of companies in this current atmosphere, under their government contract terms?”
A video with Jon's comments is available below. He addresses the questions:
- In the federal contracting context, can you explain the concept of excusable delay?
- Do 52.249-14 Excusable Delays apply to the current situation?
- What immediate actions should vendors be taking today to protect themselves in the current environment?
- How should companies that provide on-site contractor personnel to the government, including those working the in the classified setting, be treated in an environment where facilities are simply unavailable?
The full webinar is available on the Public Spend Forum website here.
To address the concerns of our clients and resource partners during and long after the Coronavirus pandemic, PilieroMazza created the “COVID-19 Client Response Team.” The Team’s purpose is to offer government contractors and commercial businesses practical guidance with information and resources necessary to protect you, your business, and your personnel against the far-reaching impacts of COVID-19.
Led by Cy Alba, Nichole Atallah, Kathryn Hickey, and Matt Feinberg, the COVID-19 Client Response Team comprises partners from PilieroMazza’s core practice groups, including Government Contracts, Business & Corporate, Labor & Employment, and Litigation & Dispute Resolution. Below are contact details for each Team member should you need immediate assistance. Please also visit our “COVID-19 Client Resource Center,” where you will find links to presentations, blogs, client alerts, and other additional resources.
Since every situation is different, please contact a Team member to discuss your specific situation.
Labor & Employment
Business & Corporate
Litigation & Dispute Resolution