Jessica leads the Firm’s Construction Group as Practice Group Chair. Her practice focuses on the construction industry where she provides counsel to government contractors and commercial businesses of all sizes. Her practice includes advising companies on matters relating to operational issues, legal compliance requirements, and business litigation. Jessica’s high level of experience, knowledge, and legal acumen in construction law helps clients advance their corporate interests and effectively resolve their complex disputes.
Unpaid contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers benefit from Jessica’s ability to successfully broker substantial settlements on private and public construction projects throughout the country for claims related to change orders, equitable adjustments, and delays. When necessary, she defends clients against construction defect claims, mechanics’ liens, bond claims, and general commercial litigation.
Jessica advises clients on contractor and trade licensing in various states and jurisdictions. Additionally, her practice extends to commercial matters, including contract disputes, real estate matters, and credit and collection issues. She also offers guidance on corporate governance disputes, including those arising within non-profit organizations.
An experienced litigator at both the trial and appellate levels, Jessica represents businesses in various forms of alternative dispute resolution proceedings, including private mediation and commercial arbitration before the American Arbitration Association.
Jessica frequently presents on issues such as mechanics’ liens, payment bond claims, and construction law to educate clients on their legal compliance requirements.
Supporting equal access to justice for all, including those in need, Jessica serves on the Board of Directors for the Legal Aid Bureau of Maryland.
Related Practice Areas
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 1999, Magna Cum Laude
- Washington College, B.A., 1996, With Honors
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Board of Directors, American Sub-Contractor, Baltimore/Metropolitan Chapter
- Board of Directors (Former), American Subcontractor Association of Baltimore
- Fellow International Academy of Construction Lawyers, Litigation Counsel of America
- Council Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Board of Directors, Maryland Legal Aid Bureau
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Construction Law and Litigation: Construction, 2018-Present
- Chambers USA, Construction, 2022-Present
- Maryland Legal Aid Executive Director’s Award, 2019
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star, District of Columbia, Construction Litigation, Construction/Surety, General Litigation, 2011-2013
- The Daily Record, Very Important Professionals List, 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review