As an Associate in PilieroMazza’s Government Contracts Group, Daniel’s practice centers on providing legal support to businesses operating in the federal procurement space. He works with clients on all matters relating to government contracts law, including handling the bid protest process, navigating the Small Business Administration’s small business programs, and assisting in requests for equitable adjustment (REAs), claims, and appeals.
Daniel also helps government contractors with disputes pertaining to Contractor Performance Assessment Reports (CPARs) and advises clients on a host of data rights and cybersecurity issues. Furthermore, he handles appeals from SBA final loan review decisions, per the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), as well as size and status determinations before SBA’s Office of Hearings and Appeals.
Related Practice Areas
- Successfully intervened arguing service-disabled, veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) joint venture agreement did not comply with SBA’s regulations. VSBC Protest of U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (Silotech-Apex JV, LLC), SBA No. VSBC-297 (August 8, 2023).
- Successfully protested on behalf of 15 different clients arguing the agency’s evaluation was unreasonable, not done in accordance with the terms of the solicitation, and not properly documented. Matter of: Sys. Plus, Inc., et al., B-419956.268; B-419956.310, .345; B-419956.311, .346; B-419956.313, .347 (June 29, 2023).
- Successfully defended against size appeal arguing size recertification was not required by the terms of the solicitation. Size Appeal of: Valiant Sols., LLC, Appellant Re: VMD Sys. Integrators, Inc., SBA No. SIZ-6224 (June 22, 2023).
- Successful appeals overturning SBA final loan review decisions arguing affiliation based on identity of interest was improperly applied.
- Successfully defended against size appeal arguing size recertification was not required and initial protest was properly dismissed as untimely. Size Appeal of: Computer World Servs. Corp., Appellant Re: VariQ-CV JV, LLC, SBA No. SIZ-6208 (April 25, 2023).
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2022, with a concentration in Government Procurement
- The George Washington University, B.A., 2019, Cum Laude, Political Science
- District of Columbia