As a government contracts lawyer and litigator, Katie counsels and represents government contractors in bid protests, requests for equitable adjustment, external investigations, qui tam suits under the False Claims Act, contract claims, including terminations for convenience and default, and disputes between subcontractors and prime contractors.
Katie also advises on Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clauses and “flow-down” requirements, teaming agreements and subcontracts; assists buyers and sellers in due diligence for mergers and acquisitions; counsels on compliance with government ethics rules, Inspector General investigations, and handles a wide variety of other federal, state, and local procurement issues.
Bid protests are a significant part of Katie’s practice, representing government contractors before the Government Accountability Office, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and numerous federal and state agencies.
A strong supporter for client rights, Katie also litigates complex contract cases before the federal district courts, federal agency boards of contract appeals, and other forums. In addition, she advises clients on numerous risk management and regulatory matters.
Related Practice Areas
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 2004, magna cum laude, University of Baltimore Law Review, Business Editor, 2003-04; Associate Editor, 2002-03
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Tax Court
- Certified, Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Assistant Vice President, Marsh, Inc.
- Member, American Bar Association, Public Contract Law Section
- Member, Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Member, Baltimore City Bar Association
- Member, Boards of Contract Appeals Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Professional Services Council
- Co-founder, Burrows Hill Foundation to Fight Friedreich’s Ataxia, 2016-present
- Committee Member, Montessori International Children’s House: Development, 2009-2011
- Former Adjunct Professor, Anne Arundel Community College Legal Studies Institute, 2011
- Member, University of Baltimore School of Law Heuisler Honor Society, 2004